20151025 - Finer Points of Living in the Raleigh North Carolina Area
- Backyard BBQ Pit in Durham - Probably the best pulled pork I have ever had. Fatatarian friendly, can ask for extra fat, and classic Eastern North Carolina vinegar based sauce.
- Second Empire - Best restaurant in Raleigh. Year round specials of Filet Mignon and Foie Gras plates constantly changing. Classic 1879 building in the heart of Raleigh.
- Rush Hour Karting - Race all night Thursdays for $42. 5 hours interleaved with other customers, but often nearly non-stop.
- Fickle Creek Farm - My primary local source for eggs, pork, lamb, duck, chicken, beef. Found at the Western Wake Farmers Market and others around the area.
- Locals Seafood - Rainbow Trout, Scallops, etc. Also at Western Wake Farmers Market.
- Earps Seafood - Local fish market, has fresh head-on shrimp.
- Umstead State Park - 5 minute drive (for me), great trails.
- Lake Crabtree County Park - And other areas to mountain bike.
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens - Nice place to unwind on the weekend.